I noticed that people whom I saw today seem tired and a little grumpy today. Perhaps the winter weather is bothering them or they have other concerns. The pressures of everyday life sometimes wear us down, if we let them. But a change of view or change of behaviour can make our lives more joyful, even in tough times. We can tap into our inner child that reminds us to not take life or ourselves quite so seriously all the time.
When I found myself giggling today at something silly and it felt so good. I realized that my ‘little Jane’ had come out to play. The only problem was that I was at work, but I still had my wee giggle and the world suddenly seemed brighter to me. Tap into your inner child when you feel a little down. Your inner child stills holds the energy of innocence that you had as a child. Our soul is innocent, pure and trustful, just like a small child. Our soul totally trusts the Divine plan and enjoys each moment. Let your inner child play and lighten up your world. See joy and laughter in small things and silly moments.
Here are 10 ways to be childlike:
1. Take a bubble bath to relax.
2. Watch cartoons on TV.
3. Ride a bike or skip with a rope.
4. Throw a snowball or build a snowman or a sand castle depending on where you live.
5. Paint or crayon a picture.
6. Play a game of cards (not on the computer but with real cards!)
7. Wiggle your feet, wiggle your nose, wiggle your body…to your favourite tunes.
8. Go bowling, skating, swimming, jogging or walking…play, play, play
9. Remember funny childhood times…read a funny book that you had as a child.
10. Have an ice cream cone or a candy treat…or lick the icing bowl!
Make a list of things you liked to do when you were a child…and do them now!
Today’s affirmation: ‘I am One with the inner child in me.”
Give your inner child a hug!
Have a fun day,
P.S. Give you own children a big hug too…they love playing with you.
Minister of Spiritual Peacemaking