Earth day is the perfect day to have a mindfulness adventure.
Mindfulness Adventure quest
“Mindfulness means to be present to what is, rather than losing ourselves in thoughts of what is no longer or what has not yet come. Mindfulness is an awakening to life, a nonjudgmental awareness of the wonder of the present moment.” ~ Joan Borysenko
This exercise will call on your true feelings moment to moment without any planned result and will guide you along to explore in a most mindful way.
- Take a moment to bring up within yourself a feeling of excitement and anticipation at the interesting and delightful experiences you might find on this journey.
- Step outside and check your feelings. Do I turn right/left/ or go straight? It does matter as you have no goal in mind. Just let yourself do what you feel like doing. Don’t take a lot of time deciding. Let your intuition guide you.
- As you move along, check in to ask yourself shall I stop for awhile, change direction/ or keep going?
4. Be mindful of everything, everyone around you. Observe. Listen. Smell. Feel, Breathe…. Relax in the moment.
5. Observe and honour your feelings. Do you want to be alone? Do you want to talk with someone? What are your feelings telling you to do?
6. See what objects or plants/stones come to you that you may gather for a totem that may have greater meaning to you. Ask for permission to take it and give gratitude for its presence.
7. Notice how many choices you have. Keep moving until you know your adventure is completed and you feel satisfied with your explorations.
Upon returning from your adventure, take note of how it felt to follow your inner guidance.
Have a great Earth Day…may we all good care of her. What a magnificent gift we have been given!